Friday 29 January 2010

NLP Taster Event on Monday

It seems I'm always in the office late on a Friday, the week catches up with me and I have things to finish before I can call it the weekend.

Had a couple of private clients this week, mainly I've been preparing for next week's NLP Taster on Monday, see the website for details, www.nlpliverpool.com

Made the mistake of installing some updates to our security software on Wednesday, then tried to reduce the start up time of my PC by tinkering with programmes in the start-up menu. It takes around half an hour from switching on to "ready for action", which is not very green, and a real disincentive to turning off at lunchtime or if I'm out to see a client. BIG, BIG MISTAKE. From inside the PC, some kind of windows lock down occurred, with no access to any files, no email, no documents, nothing. Just what you don't need when you are organising an event, all of which has been done on the PC or through email.

Finally managed to dig a tunnel through the PC's back garden, break in through the coal cellar door, and sneak some files out and put them on the laptop, over which I've been crouched for most of the day. George is trying to restore the missing files and we are hoping to be able to get me back online on my own PC by tomorrow. It's going to be another VERY late night.

It's given me time to do some long overdue filing! You have just got to look on the bright side

Have a great weekend

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment